Saturday, February 23, 2013

Why Dogs Bark Sounds Big And Scary, When They Are Small In Size!


While getting help to figure out where to put this code on my blog, this loud sound reverberated through the ear piece I was talking into. The person on the other side of the line said, "Wow you must have a great big dog to make that kind of loud sound." I said to him that my dog was not that big, but she could make some noise.

Butter is what I call her name. That is the short version of her full name. She is known by many people in the community by her full name" Butter Cup." I had a great big mastiff mix before Butter Cup, came on the scene. Her name was "Oreo Cookie."  When Oreo barked which was not that often,  if you were sitting or standing up next to her while she started to bark, you would have to cover your ears with the palms of your hands.

It seemed like a miniature earthquake erupted when Oreo barked. Oreo is a pretty big dog in stature.  On the other hand Butter Cup is a medium size dog. I have experience with some people that are small in size of height that can yell out pretty good. I have experience with tall people, some of my friends by the way, that were six foot eight to seven feet, speak calm and just over a whisper.

I had a dog once that was a medium size dog called Ruby, and she was a chow-chow mix and would not bark at all. From all the dogs I had in my life to share with in good and bad times Ruby, the dog that did not bark, showed  a lot of courage, and was not scared of to many things that came her way. I  had friends also that would not say a thing. Some people are known as quiet people because they do not say to much at all, at any given time.

I have experienced when people had let their dog outside with his leash on. The dog would be barking in the early morning even before the sun would come up, and the dog would be loud when barking, and the whole neighborhood would be woken up from the dog that was small, and not that big in size. I guess the point here is a dog does not have to be big in size to make some powerful noise.

And just because a dog is big does not mean it will make a great big bang either in noise. I would tend to think dogs are somewhat like people, some are quiet, and some can yell their heads off!

No comments:

Post a Comment